Ingredients (10 persons):
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 ½ cups water
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to make:
- Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring sugar to dissolve. Set aside.
- Put the cubed watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve. You should have about 2 cups of strained watermelon juice.
- Mix the sugar syrup with 3 cups cold water and the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Fill our Pitcher with ice, add about 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice and then top off with lemonade. Stir gently before serving.